Sunday, September 26, 2010

late night poetry

I don't feel capable of change- real, genuine, honest change here. I only feel dominated and controlled and suppressed here. But then again, maybe I feel that way regardless of where I am, and the idea that I don't is the only thing keeping me from losing it- the only thing keeping me feeling like things CAN change, that things CAN be better, that I always have a choice.

But everything seems to come and go, to ebb and flow. And when the tide comes in I want to go out, but when the water slides back into the sea, I want to stand in the sand and whisper over my shoulder to the wind. Instead I sit on the shore, drowning at high tide and thirsty at low tide, sighing my discontent with sunburned shoulders and scavenging seabirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment