Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dear Portland

I was really hoping to see you today. I have this deep feeling that we would be very good friends. I had a lot of hope that seeing you would put things in perspective for me, that meeting you would somehow bring me clarity and sanity. I wanted to feel the golden warmth of your smile and dance in your cloudy tears. I wish I could be with you. But you've been in my thoughts today- your color and atmosphere whirling new ideas and new creativity in me. Thank you for that. Even across the country, you have a hand in my life here. I don't know why I believe that experiencing you would change me, why I feel like seeing the color of your grass for a while would make me appreciate the color of my grass here upon returning. I would have gotten on a plane for you. Maybe I will someday.

Until I see you, here's to tonight.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment