Saturday, July 23, 2011

try again



My boss' dog had puppies about three weeks ago, and today at work he was talking about them. They recently have opened their eyes for the first time, and can now bark (even though it causes them to topple over with puppy excitement every time they do. can you imagine? possibly the cutest thing i have ever heard). And I guess today it sort of has me thinking about being new. Those puppies are literally brand new. They are born without the ability to open their eyes yet! Imagine living in total darkness and then one day- BAM! There's a world with people and colors and movement! How incredible.

I probably don't need to tell you that yesterday was not one of my better days. I don't need to tell you because I told you yesterday! But this morning when I woke up, things were a little better. Even though I had to work, and worked an extra hour without a break. And as I got in the shower a bit ago, I thought to myself, "try again." Yesterday's failures and doubts are not necessarily today's. I struck out yesterday, but I can always try again today. I realize that there is literally an hour and a half left of today, but that's okay. In reality, today is the perpetual, constant now. Today is whenever I am awake, conscious, breathing. It's a good thing to realize that I can try again as long as it is "today."

So. Though it is close to my bedtime, I am going to clean my room and throw some things out, and then I will take a stab at reading the Bible, and then I will pray, and then I will sleep. And in the morning I will try again and again and just keep on trying. I will attempt to pick me up again and keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment