Tuesday, March 29, 2011

seeing with more than our eyes




I open my eyes and there is a soft glow to the room around me, the kind that you see with more than your eyes. In all the darkness and the messiness of life, there is yet a light, always a light we see with more than our eyes. And we will always see it when we aren't looking for it. We'll sit in darkness and close our eyes because we're scared, and then when we open up again, there we see the light, that mysterious light we swear wasn't there a moment ago.

I feel it in the way a song can sound like a rainy day. I see it looking across the room, in between me and the walls, glowing the darkness warmer. It's a beautiful living stillness, a glittering, tangible hope that my eyes and my spirit can detect and respond to.

Suddenly I see the colors again, breathing me back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment