Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a man named Sunrise

So I was watching Oprah today and she took some viewers with her to Australia- and man, what a beautiful place. There's this rock named Uluru- and it's beautiful. I, naturally, jumped on wikipedia and looked it up, and then somehow (I don't remember how) began to research photography. I'm inspired. :)

Also, last night I dreamt that I fell in love with a man named Sunrise. We were in some new city- one that I've never been to in real life- riding a bike down this road, with the orange and yellow brick buildings reaching upward with their shiny windows toward the sky. The road was a little wet and probably smelled like home. I met Sunrise because he was biking too, just ahead of me, and he had to repeat his name a number of times until I understood what he was actually saying. He was cute and kind of swarthy, with dark eyes and with a little scruff on his face and indie style clothing- scarf and beanie and whatnot. And then we became friends and as he was introduced into my life and to my current boyfriend (some jerk who didn't have a name), Sunrise pleaded for me to wake up and realize what I was doing with my life- what I was letting happen to me as opposed to what I have longed to do and be. He took me by the arms, told me he loved me, and I woke up.

Kind of crazy right? I thought I ought to write some sort of story or poem or song about it or something. I almost dreamt it like it was a story, you know? With a plot and a point and with an important choice to be made. But of course, I can't deny the overtones of my true, real life ringing through that dream. I've been trying to decide whether to move to Colorado Springs in April or not, and I've come to realize just how big of a risk I would be taking by making this move. But I'm afraid that if I don't go, if I stay here, I'll continue to just let life happen to me instead of choosing what life I want to live. Does that make sense? I feel like I'll only smolder here, while I could burn brightly in Colorado.

Anyway. Sunrise is a catch! Maybe I'll get to meet him one day. Haha, sometimes I say silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment