Tuesday, October 18, 2011

beautiful

When we create, we are imitating our Creator. We make Him proud- He is proud of the things that I spend my time creating. And while sometimes creating something can be so frustrating, it's because we are imperfect beings creating imperfect things- sometimes we create things we don't like, or things that didn't turn out the way we wanted. But God, who is perfect, created each of us perfectly- and so He has no regrets- He can only look on His creation with love...because it is part of Him, because we are a part of Him- an extension of love itself. And the intense admiration I feel whenever I come across a song that deeply touches me, I am hearing an echo of what God made. And I feel so blessed to hear it- so blessed and privileged to be someone who really hears it, not just listens to it in the background of life. I feel joy when I feel this blessed. 

And no one needs to understand it for me to know it. I don't need someone else's acknowledgment of it to know that it's real. There is no theology, no discrepancy, no debate. It just is. And I feel joy and love and rest and beauty because it exists. It's like finding a piece of someone else- another piece of God's creation- that sounds like me, that sounds like home. 

I hope heaven feels like this. I hope heaven feels like how this sounds. 





No comments:

Post a Comment